Get Listed on the Office 365 Marketplace
The Microsoft Office 365 Marketplace, built on Microsoft Pinpoint, is now available in select countries worldwide. Designed specifically to showcase experts, applications, and professional services that extend the value of Microsoft Office 365, this comprehensive marketplace helps customers easily find, demo, and buy partner offerings that work with Office 365 products.
Review the requirements and follow the instructions to list your applications and professional services on the Office 365 Marketplace. Before you begin, be sure to follow the Profile Guidelines to create a complete profile.
Effective May 1st, 2012 Canada’s Office 365 Marketplace will only list partners with a Microsoft Partner ID in Canada and that are currently enrolled and activated in the Cloud Accelerate program.
Requirements for Canadian Office 365 Marketplace Listings
All listings on the Office 365 Marketplace must meet these requirements.
- You must be a Microsoft Partner in Canada and have a published profile on Pinpoint.
- You must currently be enrolled and activated in the Cloud Accelerate program.
Cloud Accelerate partners receive a boost in search rankings and are identifiable by the Cloud Accelerate badge. Learn more about the Cloud Accelerate program.
- Your offering must add value to Office 365 customers. All applications and professional services listed on the Office 365 Marketplace are subject to Microsoft evaluation.
- The name of your application or professional service cannot be the same as an existing Microsoft product.
- Your listing must make clear how your application or professional service integrates or enhances a Microsoft Office 365 product. Your listing description must also clearly state the specific value or functionality your offering brings to these Office 365 products:
- Office 365
- Exchange Online
- Lync – including these Lync products:
- Lync Online
- Lync 2010
- Lync 2010 Mobile
- Lync Server
- Lync Web App
- SharePoint Online
- Office 2010 – at least one of these Office 2010 components:
- Access 2010
- Excel 2010
- InfoPath 2010
- Outlook 2010
- OneNote 2010
- PowerPoint 2010
- SharePoint Workspace 2010
- Word 2010
Requirements to List Your Applications
To list an application on the Office 365 Marketplace, you must also meet these further requirements. You do not need to meet them all, only those relevant to your application.
- Exchange Online - your application must pass the Microsoft Platform Ready (MPR) test.
- Office 2010 - your application must be compatible with an Office 2010 component.
- Office 365 - there are no additional requirements.
- SharePoint Online - there are no additional requirements.
Requirements to List Your Professional Services
To list a professional service on the Office 365 Marketplace, you must meet these further requirements. You do not need to meet them all, only those relevant to your professional service.
- Office 2010 Only:
- Your service must be compatible with an Office 2010 component.
- You must have earned Gold or Silver competency in one of these categories:
- Business Intelligence
- Data Platform
- Content Management
- Portals and Collaboration
- Project and Portfolio Management
- Messaging and Communications
- Deployment Only:
- You must be currently enrolled and activated in the Cloud Accelerate program.
- You must have attended the Office 365 Deployment Training.
- You must have completed at least three deployments.
Create Your Listing for the Office 365 Marketplace
To create listings for the Office 365 Marketplace, you must have a published profile on Pinpoint that indicates which Office 365 products work with your offering. Please see the Pinpoint Get Listed page to learn how create a profile and list your offerings.
To list your offerings on the Office 365 Marketplace, follow these instructions:
- Sign in to your Pinpoint Dashboard, using the Windows Live ID associated with your Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) account.
- Click Add or Edit Profiles, and then click the Apps + Services tab.
- Click Edit Shared Attributes next to the listing you want on the Office 365 Marketplace.
- Select the appropriate options for these required attributes:
- Marketplace – select Microsoft Office 365 Marketplace (and Microsoft Pinpoint), and then select the relevant product departments where you want to list your offering: Exchange Online, Lync, Office 2010, and SharePoint Online.
- Listing Type – select the appropriate listing type for your offering.
- Microsoft “Works With” Products – select the Office 365 products that work with your offering. You can select up to five products. Please see the complete list of Office 365 products in the Requirements for All Office 365 Marketplace Listings section.
- Relevant Business Needs - choose from these recommended categories for each product department where you want to list your offering:
- Exchange Online – Storage and Archive; Compliance; Data Management and Migration; Unified Messaging; Security.
- Lync – Communication Enabled Business Processes (CEBP); Conferencing, Communication Services; VoIP/IP Telephony Devices; VoIP/IP Telephony, Infrastructure.
- Office 2010 – Marketing Communications; Business Process Management; Content Management; Data Analytics, Reporting, BI.
- Office 365 – Identity Management, Privacy; Data Management and Migration; Web Hosting and Domain Services.
- SharePoint Online – Intranets, Extranets, Portals; Business Application Development and Support; Content Management; Data Management and Migration; Digital Content.
When the listing is approved, it will be published on the Office 365 Marketplace and on Pinpoint.
Create Your Best Profile
Make It Work for You
Watch the Pinpoint for Partners video on how to showcase your apps + services.
Get customer reviews with the customer review e-mail template. Reviews can enhance your credibility and improve your search rankings.
Share the Review Guidelines with customers. You can request reviews for your applications and services, as well as for your company.